The Department of Motor Vehicle in Washington, also known as DMV Washington, provides all the driver’s license and vehicle registration services to the citizens in the area. The DMV Washington provide the services related to your license or something similar. The auto registration, driving license, identification cards, commercial licenses, and similar stuff are all taken care of by DMV Washington. Here we have listed more information about DMV Washington, and you can check them out below.
Services Provided By DMV Washington
There is a host of services offered by DMV Washington. Some of these services can be availed online, while other services associated with DMV Washington can be obtained only by visiting the place. Below is more information about all the services provided by DMV Washington.
- General Services
- Address & Name Change
- CDL Drivinga
- CDL Writte
- Commercial License Service
- Driver’s License
- Identification Car
- License Renewal
- Learner’s Permit
- Provisional License
- Road Test
- Written Card
- Registration Related Services
- Auto Insurance Related Services
- Registration Plate Services
- Registration Renewal
- Title Registration
- Title Transfer
How to Renew Driving Licence in DMV Washington?
If DMV Washington issued your license, you would need to get it renewed every four years. DMV Washington allows you to renew the license 180 days before the expiry, and you can also renew it within 60 days of expiry. It is always advisable to renew the license as soon as possible because the longer you wait, the higher the chance of reappearing in the test. There are three ways to renew the license at DMV Washington, and we will talk about them below.
- By Mail – if you would like to renew the license by mail, you need to fill the application and send it to DMV Washington along with the money order of renewal fee, copies of ID proof & address proof, and other paperwork. You would need to send these documents to the Washington Department of Public Safety, Driver License Division, P.O. Box 1471, Montgomery, AL 36102
- In-Person – If you are renewing the license in person, you would need to schedule an appointment with DMV Washington and visit the place according to the date and time. You would need to carry your AL Driver License, Exam Certificate (If Required), Photo, and the license fee with you. Once you submit the documents and verify them, you will receive a temporary license that is valid for 30 days, and the permanent license will be mailed to you within 30 days.
- Online – To renew the license online, start by visiting the official DMV Washington Website and clicking on Renew button at the bottom of the page. Start filling the form by updating your license information and address information. You will be asked to fill in other details on the form, and once that is done, you need to pay the license renewal fee. You would need a credit card to pay the renewal fee. Please note that you can renew your driver’s license online every eight years only. After applying, a temporary license will be issued, and you can print that. This temporary license is valid for 30 days, and within this time, you will receive your permanent license.
FAQs About DMV Washington
Q: What are the office hours of DMV Washington?
Ans: The DMV Washington is open from 8 AM to 12 PM and 1 PM to 4 PM from Monday to Friday. You can visit them during the given hours, but it is always better to schedule an appointment beforehand.
Q: How to Apply for a Driving Licence in DMV Washington?
Ans: You can only apply for a driving license at DMV Washington if you have held the provisional license for at least six months and if you have turned 17. Else, you need to wait until you turn 18. For the application, you need to visit the DMV Washington with the documents and appear in the driving exam. The form for a new license is available online and at DMV Washington.
Q: How to Renew Driving Licence in DMV Washington?
Ans: License renewal at DMV Washington is possible online, by mail, or by offline visit. You can choose the way that you like. The detailed process for the driving license renewal at DMV Washington is listed in the section above.
Q: How to Apply for a Commercial Driving Licence in DMV Washington?
Ans: Getting a commercial driving license is a long process, and it requires you to visit the DMV Washington. Once you fill the form and get the training, you must visit the DMV Washington and submit the form, fee, training certificate, and other documents. You will then have to appear in the driving test and other fitness tests before the Commercial Driving License is issued to you.
Q: How to Change Address & Name at an Washington DMV?
Ans: If you have legally completed the name change, you need to get it updated at SSA, and after that, you need to get it done at DMV Washington. After filling the form and getting the required documents, you can visit DMV Washington or visit Country Probate or the License Commissioner Office to update the details. This process is not available with the online application.
List of DMV Vermont Office
|DMV Addison||DMV Bennington||DMV Caledonia||DMV Chittenden|
|DMV Rutland||DMV Washington||DMV Windsor|